Over My Rainbow

Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high.

There's a land that I heard of

Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue.

And the dreams that you dare to dream

Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star

and wake up where the clouds are far

Behind me.

Where troubles melt like lemon drops,

Away above the chimney tops.

That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere, over the rainbow, bluebirds fly.

Birds fly over the rainbow,

Why then - oh, why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow,

Why, oh, why can't I?

There are times when life just gets way too frustrating. There is no where to escape in these moments in reality. As I lean my forehead up against the wall and close my eyes, I escape into my somewhere over the rainbow.

It is beautiful over that rainbow. There is rolling green hills with flowers. A gentle slight breeze blows over them making the silver stems glisten in the warm sun. Butterflies fly everywhere from flower to flower. There is a forest beyond the hills where cool moss grows by a bubbling creek. There are animals everywhere and they are not afraid of me. They come and go as if I am not even there. Sometimes it rains but it is gentle as it falls and it washes all my troubles and frustrations away.

I can do whatever I want there. I can run fast and far or I can roll down hills. I can just lay on the sweet warm grass and sleep in the sunlight. No one is going to tell me I should grow up or stop. No one is going to tell me that this is immature. I can cuddle and pet all the animals and they do not mind. I am at peace there.

There is no doctors telling me that I am a bad nurse. There is no one telling me that my dreams are unrealistic. No one criticizes me as me. There are no call lights going off and there is no IV pumps beeping OCCLUSION. Everything is working out. I don't have to cross hurdles or obstacles. I don't hurt. I will never hurt there. This place is perfect.

Everyone can have their escape location. Everyone has their somewhere over the rainbow. What is yours?

Magpie

No comments: