Musings on the Doc

So I was given something the other day and I thought that it kinda explained me to a T. So I am going to share it with you all. For the next few minutes please bear with the mush... :-P Oh I did add a few quirks.
These are bits and pieces from Dr. Suess. The original thing that I got gave an explanation of every day use. However, when I was reading it I was amazed at how many of these simple, childhood favorite lines I could really relate to! I could not relate whatsoever to the explanations given to me...they were too....grown up for me.




Dr. Suess's Wisdom for Magpie

Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Yeah, I am so totally different than everyone around me. It is funny. I have no desire to look like everyone else, or dress like everyone else. I have no desire to do a lot of the things that other people do. I have my own dreams, my own desires: jumping out of airplanes, saving lives in the back of a helicopter, traveling the world, blazing new paths....the list goes on. I am so comfortable in who I am that it just is awesome. Finally I feel great.

Plus who else write a blog about everything and nothing at all? Who else can come up with all this stuff at one single sit down moment? Yeah, that's right, Magpie.

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat . I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Life is full obstacles, big ones and small ones. However, I cannot let this bother me. I have to overcome them. How many dreams would not have been fulfilled if I allowed the troubles of my life take over? How many dreams would I still be dreaming if I did not fight back?

I do not think that my troubles saw me in a fight. If they did then the probably would never bother me. I am muscle man...er....wo-man.....like my picture down below. I could break some one's nose if I wanted to....WITH MY PINKY!

Ok, so I lied. Luckily I carry a big bat. Because if my troubles REALLY saw me fight, they'd be all over me like boys over Paris. Hilton....not Paris France. Are boys really all over Paris still? I don't know. Ok, next topic.

Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.

I need to see the bright things in each day. If the day went to pot, there is tomorrow. There will always be a tomorrow with something new to hope for. However, if you were to dwell on all the bad stuff that happens in a day then life would be miserable. Actively seek out the good fun things that happen each day. Look forward to tomorrow when more good fun things will happen.

Today in real life was really not all that great. Today was really not all that fun. But Tomorrow I am planning to start a lot of trouble. Wait, there was something fun today. At work I discovered that unlike the newer hospitals, this one has chutes. There is a garbage chute and a linen chute. Now I really didn't have a lot to do today at work. So I started to think up ways that I could utilize this new discovery. A secret escape route....HA so unoriginal. Why not just use it as a chute? Like, a human chute? How awesome is that? Now I was thinking about which one I'd rather go down, the garbage chute or the linen one. I figured, I really don't want to go down the garbage one. I know too much about what goes in the garbage. And it smells. Not that the linen is any better. But at least I could put clean linen down the chute before diving in. Yep, that is what I do....save lives.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.


I can be as smart as good ole' Al but where is that going to get me? I have to put it to good use and knowledge by taking initiative to go out and apply it.

Now, many will argue, "Does Magpie really have a brain?" Well, actually, I do have one. No one has seen it. Except maybe Joe but that is another story. Wait....who is Joe? Confusion ensues....

From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.

HAHAHAHAHA....yeah....I think that explains it all. I think I find things funny that people would just find stupid. I mean I will just start laughing. For no reason. Or at the worst possible times. I am very shocked that I am not in the psych unit yet. Makes for a good seating choice on crowded buses, trains, cabs. People just tend to avoid you. Makes for even better first dates.

"Magpie, I think I really like you....I mean, I never felt like I did around you. You give me this joy in my heart that..."

"HAHAHAHAHAHA"

"Um, did I say something wrong???"

"Oh...sorry, no...I was just er....uh....thinking of something."

"Dust unto dust....ashes unto...."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

"*tears*What is so funny about Whatsherface dying?"

"I....um....oh man."

Can someone say aWkwArD?

And will you succeed? Yes indeed! Nine-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed.

Looking forward, I have not succeeded. I can never measure my success by seeing the rest of the stuff I have to do. However, when I stop climbing the mountain for a second and I look back, I can see all the stuff that I have accomplished. It is totally a lot. I have come a long way since...well....a long time ago. I mean I graduated college, I got a job, I developed myself into who I am today.

However, 98.75%? That leaves 1.25% of doubt left. I mean, failure is a part of success. This is what helps drive even more success. The fact that I am not 100% successful drives me to be more successful. Makes me want it even more. Like a competition, in my head.

GO MAGPIE, GO MAGPIE, YOU CAN'T DO IT...AT LEAST THINK THAT SO THAT YOU WILL.

Stop procrastinating! DO IT NOW!

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!

Hahaha.....yeah....all I have to do is sit and my brain starts coming up with all this random stuff without me even having to tell it to do so.

Class was a hoot at times. I think that my brain just thinks stuff up and then misses the filter to my mouth. Someone told me that...."I think I am missing the filter from my brain to my mouth." So there were many times that my classmates saw the inside of my brain. And the beat goes on....

If you want to catch beasts you don't see everyday, you have to go out of the way, you have to go places no others can get to. You have to get cold, and you have to get wet, too.

I want to travel all over the world. I have been stuck in one place for so long, I want to explore. There are way too many things in this world to see to stay in one place. I remember when I was younger...much younger and dad was in the Army. We moved 3 times, Germany to Kentucky and then Kentucky to Kansas and then Kansas to Illinois. I only remember the move from Kansas to Illinois. I loved the excitement of it all. The thought that I was going to see new things. My grandparents lived there and we visited them several times but the fact that we were moving there was just awesome.

In my life I have been to so many places. I've been pretty lucky. I have had some pretty awesome people who I don't know pay my way for some of these trips. And my grandma to thank too. Oh and the US government. Some of it I remember, some of it I don't. I've been to Europe, Canada, and all over the US. However, I want to see more, I want to meet more people, I want to see the things that you can't look out your window to see. The world is huge. I am young. It is time to conquer it.

The more you read, the more you'll know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go.

<_< class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_12">Surg II Week 5: Renal
Wagner (barf) 648-682=34
Iggy: Chapters 72-75 = approx 80 (estimate about 20 pages per chapter)

Pediatric Nursing Week 5: Chapter 46=59 pages

Maternal/Newborn Nursing Week 5: Chapters 9-12=180 pages (approx. 45 pages per chapter)

Leadership and Management Week 5: ok so I didn't read for this class so I won't count it.

353+ plus because of rereading and extra reading assignments thrown in. Needless to say, I really have no desire to read anymore right now.

However, all that reading has made me who I am. It has allowed me to take information, process it, put pictures together, help people get better. I learned so many things and through that knowledge, been able to help others become healthier individuals. Or drove them so nuts that they told me that to shut me up.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.

The world needs more caring people. If people thought more about others then the world would be a better place. Respect, love, empathy, compassion....this is what the world needs...oh and maybe chocolate. This is why I chose nursing. This single line sums almost all of my decision up. There are nurses out there who are not caring...who are too busy to talk, to listen, to understand. This needs to change. If I do not change my attitude to be different than theirs, how is anything going to get done? We will not be moving forward. We will remain stagnant in the present time. Patients need someone other than medicine, surgical procedures and diagnosis to get better. That is TLC: Taking Lots of Chocolate....er I mean Tender Loving Care. All the medical intervention in the world are useless if they are not given with love, care, compassion. You can teach a monkey to start and IV, give a pill, change a dressing. You cannot teach a monkey to start and IV with empathy, give a pill safely, change a dressing while putting yourself in the person's shoes. It just cannot happen. I am that person. I vowed this from the beginning of my journey into the medical field and I resolve to continue this endeavor.

If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.

Alright, so I know that I have said this so many times but bear with me. I was stuck literally in a nursing lab, or library for about 2 years. No fun. I mean me and my friends goofed around a lot: making fun of things that were said in class...stupid comments....like, well I'll save it. But for the most part, I missed out on a lot in the world around me. The world was not going to stop turning while I studied about how to save lives. So now I want to do everything. I want to go places. (I did go on a road trip to Washington DC. That was fun.) and do things (Like skydive...I will once I get the money). Try everything. If you don't like it, don't do it again. I mean if you don't try it, you may never get the opportunity again, and then you will regret it for the rest of your life.

A person's person no matter how small.

This is another important thing that I think that people tend to miss in everyday life. Human dignity is in EVERY human being and it needs to be respected. Yes, they guy who is mentally handicapped and is bagging your groceries is a human being. Those who are black, red, yellow, green whatever, they are humans. That one old person who yells at you for bending that one single blade of grass (yes....the exist.....I knew the man....God rest his soul.) yeah, he's human too. No one is better than anyone else. If you cut us all open, remove the skin and the hair and the outside appearance, it would be very scary....and you would also see that we are all the same. Maybe we have slight different variations between us. Like our heart is 1.65783724 mm deviated to the left. Whatever. We are all the same. We all have emotions, feelings, things that set us off, desires, dreams. So yeah.

Alrighties. Enough. I think I said enough. I have like three more blogs in my head so I'll have to write those out soon. Man, my brain never sleeps. Can get quite annoying.

No comments: