Describe me in a song.....

I was thinking the other day as to what song sums up my whole being. I have so many extremes and dynamics that one song sometimes cannot cut it. However, I was looking through my iTunes, hoping to find a song that would not describe just one aspect of my personality but all the aspects.

Although I am very goofy and act immature, I also have an intelligent side. I love to learn and have a sponge as a brain. I can be mature when I need to and have appropriate conversations often peppered with bits of humor. I try to be childlike when possible. I find that children are very open minded. It is when we become adults that our minds become made up and we are less acceptable of others. Notice sometimes how younger children are so welcoming of people. Sometimes this is not always good but they tend not to be as narrow minded as their adult counterparts.

So hmmmmmm, let's go through my play list shall we to songs that describe me.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow-The Wizard of Oz-Judy Garland: I am a dreamer. Dreams produce goals. Goals motivate me to work. Thus, I make my dreams happen. It isn't easy, sometimes I wish that I were over the rainbow where I don't have to work so hard or struggle over the hurdles and obstacles people and life put up to prevent me from achieving my dreamy goals. They are oh so dreamy.

Prologue from Beauty and the Beast-Disney: This is where Belle sings her intro as she walks through the village? Remember? Ok so basically she is singing out boring life is in her little village and how she finds her excitement in books and her imagination. Often I can escape things for a little bit by just going inside my imagination. At least for a little bit. And I totally want to get out of my city right now. I grew up most of my life here and I am ready to see what else is out there for me.

Carry On Wayward Son-Kansas: How many times do you get discouraged at things? How many times do you feel tossed about like a ship on the ocean? Yeah, I stole those words from the song. There are so many times where I just want to throw my hands up and say, "Heck with it all!!" Yet the voices inside my head-because I am just that crazy-push me on. When all is said and done, when I accomplish what I set out to accomplish, there will be peace and a sense of achievement. Yes! I win!

Man! I Feel Like a Woman-Shania Twain: I love it. I am a woman. I love having fun. I love being crazy. It keeps me sane in life. Woot!

Ruby Tuesday-Rolling Stones: I don't know why this song describes me. I think that I have some mystery about me. I still have yet to figure it out. I think I cause it for myself. I like to hide things all over my brain in little spots. Similar to how I hide things so I remember where I put it yet never remember where I put it. So it is not to be mean, well maybe yes, because I am mean. No, really though, I don't have anything to hide. If someone asks me a question I answer it as honestly and bluntly as I can. It is harder to pin something on someone who is 1) not hiding anything purposefully and 2) you know nothing about. Mystery and honesty....ok yeah that had nothing to do with the song. But I still think the song describes me.

Jeździec-Illuminandi: "Uciekałem przed Tobą w popłochu, Chciałem zmylić, oszukać CiebieLecz co dnia kolana uparte Zostawiały ślady na niebie." Tak, ja jestem uparte, bardzo uparte. Istnienie uparte pomoce ja. To może przeszkadzać mnie też. Jeszcze, obmyślam to pomaga więcej niż przeszkadzać.

Ok back to English....that was hard....the Polish. Someday I'll do that without help of a translating program. There are only a couple of words I know and I can tell what they are in Polish but it is hard to translate and such. Someday.

What I've Done-Linkin Park: I have done things in my life which have been regrettable. I hope that other people will forgive and forget them. I hope that they can see that I strive to do things to make up for those times. I know that I will never fully heal wounds that I caused or fix the problems I created. Yet I pray to God that those that I hurt can come to forgive me.

Half Acre-Hem: In all humility, I have so much potential. I try to exercise this potential in every situation. Expand my horizons, grow personally and professionally and mature. Maybe potential is not the word I want to use. I don't think I will ever lose my goofy side. It is too precious to me. However, I think that I have so much more room to grow. I have to let go of the sadness that I had 20 years ago, 4 years ago, 2 years ago and even yesterday. Today is a new day. It is a new slate to write on. If I keep those sadness, anger, what have you with me everyday then there is no way that I can expect myself to reach my full potential.

Snow-Red Hot Chili Peppers: They have many songs that I like, I think that this one describes me best from them. "Come to believe that I better not leave Before I get my chance to ride When it's killing me, what do I really need All that I need to look inside" Live for the moment. You might just lose something that you will regret later. I try to do this. If I want to do something, I tend to do it. Of course I sort out logistics and figure the pros and cons but if the road is clear, I go for it. I might look back 20 years later and say, "Geez, I really wish I did that while I had the opportunity." "When to descend to amend for a friend All the channels that have broken down Now you bring it up, I'm gonna ring it up Just to hear you sing it out" I try to make others as happy as possible. When others are happy, I am happy. My day is not complete unless I am able to make someone laugh or at least smile.

Ok, before I bore you out now, here is the song that sums me up all together pretty well....ready??????? GO!


She's Always a Woman
Billy Joel
She can kill with a smile, she can wound with her eyes
She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
And she only reveals what she wants you to see
She hides like a child, but she's always a woman to me
She can lead you to love, she can take you or leave you
She can ask for the truth, but she'll never believe you
And she'll take what you give her as long it's free
Yeah, She steals like a thief, but she's always a woman to me
Ohhh... she takes care of herself
She can wait if she wants, she's ahead of her time
Ohhh... and she never gives out
And she never gives in, she just changes her mind
And she'll promise you more than the garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding
But she’ll bring out the best and the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself 'cause she's always a woman to me
She's frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel
She can do as she pleases, she's nobody's fool
And she can't be convicted, she's earned her degree
And the most she will do is throw shadows at you,
But she's always a woman to me
Yep, that's me: quirky, fun loving, with sparkles of intelligence, a splash of maturity, fore castings of mystery. If you love your life, and you are happy with who you are, why change things? Of course, I have faults to improve on, that will be another blog entry in and of itself, but if I work at that, I am sure I'll be heading in the right direction.
All in all,
Magpie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Magpie, Love that song of Billy Joel's. Discovered your blog thru Phatmass. Unique to say the least! You are one crazy puppy! Cheers!