Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

This post is really dedicated to mom and dad. However, I want to share this with everyone because it is really important to me and I think that it is an important witness for the world.



Dear Mom and Dad,

Twenty-five years. Wow. That is a long time. I am really happy that you are still here together to celebrate this day. To me, it is really really awesome.

There are times where I wonder how you faced the challenges that smacked you guys in the face. It amazes me. I am sure it was overwhelming and hard but you guys went through them like a hot knife through butter. Yeah that was a really bad analogy. There are so many people who think that the grass is greener on the other side. You guys realize that the grass on this side is too beautiful to give up.

Your marriage has so many qualities: perseverance, strength, courage, loyalty, devotion and last but of course not least love. Each of us, your children, have learned these qualities from your marriage. My favorite, however, is the love that you two shared. I think that all the other qualities flowed from your love. This is I believe the greatest quality of your marriage.

Love is the basis for all that you do. You two love each other. All that I am, literally and implicitly comes from this love. Your love is not the flaky love that the world protrays and. You love is the true love. Love involves sacrifice. Love involves going beyond yourself to see the other person, to seek out the other person, before yourself. I see this continual interaction between the two of you. You seek each other in situations. You consult with each other on everything. You two submit yourself to each other to lift the other up.

This love has shown me that I too must go out of myself to see the people around me. In my personal and professional life, this is extremely important. I am totally, completely indebted to you, mom and dad, for giving me such an excellent example of what love really is. Thank you.

Magpie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's almost time. i am bracing myself...